2012-05-20

0520 GEPT writing test-Experience is the best teacher

  As being an officer in military, I encounter many situations which I have to be meticulous about. Six years ago, I graduated from college and worked as a rooky officer in Marine corp. At that time, I was a platoon leader. Once one of the soldier, vivacious and smart, broke up with his girlfriend. He came to me to ask for help. I encouraged him to look things on the sanguine side and never give up. After 10 minutes talking, he said he felt much better and had the confidence to overcome it. As a result, I did not pay attention to his behavior anymore.

However he committed suicide at home three days later. I was so regret that I did not notice his parents his situation before he went home.
After that accident I have learned that being an officer, we cannot be too careful. As a result, I was punished because of my absent-mindedless. I have learned a lesson from the experience which I can never forget about it.        

2 comments:

  1. Do you assure that you didn't encourage him to go to hell? By the way, why the fonts goes smaller and smaller. Do you feel guilty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a make-up story for GEPT writing test practice.The real one was I asked him to commit suicide and he sued me the very next day.

    ReplyDelete