2012-06-05

06/05 Fortune Telling


I believe in fortune telling. No matter it is Asian style, like 八卦 and feng shui, or western style, such as astrology, or tarot cards, because I think fortune telling is a kind of ancient wisdom. However, I never pay to do the fortune telling, for example, some people will go the vender to have the fortune teller watch their faces and palms, and try to solve their problems, or they invite someone to go to their house and guide them how to organize the interior design. I never do that. But sometimes I go to the temples, especially when I plan to join a test or I face some troubles on my job. I will tell the god who I am, and where do I live to make sure the god bless the right person, and also what kind of test or trouble I have. My family and I are not superstitious, but if you know that most people said that some kinds of things are bad, although they may be lack of scientific proofs, anyway we had better obey the rules. For example, based on the lunar calendar, in July, it is the ghost month, which means the ghost will come back the human world, so in this month, we had better not go traveling, get married, move to the new house, and do water activities. If you know the rules, why not just avoid it, because it won’t hurt. However, if you have no choice, maybe because of your work, you need to go to another city, and then you may pay more attention on the road or beware of any dangerous things. It is a kind of reminder. Try to keep you safe. So I believe that we don’t need to be superstitious, but if we know doing something may bring bad luck, we had better avoid it. Of course, we need to do the right things, say the good words, read good books, and be a good man. I think that is the right way to bring us good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment