2012-06-04

0604 My opinion about fortune telling

Though I disdain superstition,I do believe fortune telling.
When my mother was 27 years old,she already had three children.Though she had three girls,she had made up her mind not to give bith any more.One day a fortune teller,a blind,passed by my mother's store.He stoped and told my mother that she would give birth to a baby five years later.What's more,he asked my mother to take good care of the child because the child can bring fortune to her family.My mother did not pay attention to his words.Because of contraception,she thought it was impossible for her to be pregnant again.
Much to her surprise,she got pregnant 5 years later.The fortune teller's words occured to her so she took good care of the child.And the fourth child was me.I respect the fortune teller a lot.Thanks to his words,my mother treats me quite well though I failed to bring fortune to my family.
The other story is about my fiance.
My fiance believes in God so he goes to temples frequently.He invests money in real estate.As a result,he buys and sells houses often.Once he went to a temple to ask the God when he can sell a house.He drew a lot and it said he had to wait until Autumn.Then he told the God he can not wait for such a long time.He wanted to sell the house as soon as possible.Then the miracle showed up.The very next day someone showed up and bought the house.
I am against superstition.However many people can get comfort from some superstitions.As long as it does no harm to the society and other people,I can accept it.

1 comment: