2012-08-08

0808 After retirement

My fiance and I discussed about retirement yesterday.A colonel ,who we both know,sells herbal tea near barracks after his retirement.After opening the store,he went back to barracks to ask his juniors to buy his products.
The store is located on the road which my fiance passes by everyday.There are many times my fiance wants to buy a cup of herbal tea,but he hesitates.He says that it will be embarrassing to go into the store.What's more,he does not know how to call the retired colonel.Colonel or boss?Whenever my fiance passes by the store,he sees the colonel preparing products or cleaning the environment,which is quite strange to my fiance.He cannot figure out why a colonel is willing to do this kind of chores.What's more,the colonal condescends to ask his juniors to buy his products,which is also quite unusual in military.To retire at the rank of colonel,he can get more than 90,000 dollars as pension per month.Without working,he can still lead to a decent life.
In my opinion,he does not need the money.All that he wants is to find something interesting to do.I,however,will not sell herbal tea after my retirement.It is tiring and boring...

1 comment:

  1. Once you don't do something after retirement, you will go to heaven quickly...

    ReplyDelete